Internal Auditor – Austin, TX
Who We Are
Riot is a Bitcoin mining and digital infrastructure company focused on a vertically integrated strategy. The Company has Bitcoin mining data center operations in central Texas, Bitcoin mining operations in central Texas, and electrical switchgear engineering and fabrication operations in Denver, Colorado.
Riot is actively expanding and improving its Bitcoin mining operations through innovation, expansion, and procurement, including large-scale expansion of its Texas-based mining and hosting facilities. We’re building a world-class team. Join us as we empower the future of work!
Key attributes we are looking for
You are interested in Bitcoin and being involved in the sector. You are creative, innovative, and strive to improve organizational efficiency. You have strong communication skills and can multi-task. You identify problems and solve them. You take initiative, you are self-sufficient, and you are detail focused.
About the Role
We are looking to add an Internal Auditor to our growing Compliance Department. The Internal Auditor is a high visibility role where you will be interacting with all levels of personnel within the company and will report to the Director of SOX Compliance. This role includes documenting and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of business processes. This is a hybrid position based out of our Austin office.
- Work in close collaboration with business functions to identify risk areas, making valuable recommendations on process and control standardization, and influencing the decision-making process to drive change.
- Prepare clear and organized audit work papers and ensure relevant control activities are evaluated to assess operating effectiveness of controls across critical cycles such as Financial Statement Close Processes, Source to Pay, Hire to Pay, Revenue, Inventory, Fixed Assets, Tax, etc.
- Work with process owners to ensure timely review and updates to process/system documentation and controls for existing processes.
- Actively participate in SOX planning activities and risk assessments.
- Support SOX/Audit program lead in achieving goals and target set for the team.
- Independently conduct process understanding and walkthrough meetings with control owners
- Articulate key risk in business processes, assess control design and advise business owners on control improvements over financial reporting.
- Assist in managing and reviewing the work products of third-party contractors involved in testing and evaluation of controls.
- Interface with external auditors on overall SOX program timelines, deliverables, knowledge transfer and resolving control related matters.
- Evaluate processes and controls impact due to new system implementation and business changes.
- Form appropriate conclusions regarding the adequacy of internal controls, evaluate control deficiencies and propose remediation action to owners for effective resolution.
- Stay current on new technical literature applicable to the internal control process (e.g. PCAOB guidance, SEC, COSO, COBIT, etc.) and emerging trends and leading practices around internal controls
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of financial internal control framework and application along with deep understanding of key business and IT processes (order to cash, fixed assets, inventory etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills spanning across all levels of management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and understanding of corporate accounting processes and technical matters.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally to all levels of staff and management.
- Advanced skills for use in data analysis, reporting, and data management
- High degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with minimum supervision as well as supervise work of other team members.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business (accounting, finance, information technology or equivalent experience)
- CIA / CPA certifications a plus
- Minimum of 2-3 years of audit experience performing SOX compliance and/or operational/financial audits with an emphasis on internal controls.
- Experience working in the accounting, audit or compliance departments of a public company, preferably with SOX compliance responsibility.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.